Episode 36: Ross McGill: Stepping up to Deputy Headship; be ready, without doubt or hesitation!
Click to Tweet
Kelly Long chats with Ross Morrison McGill, Ross writes the most influential blog on Education in the UK over at @TeachersToolkit He has been nominated for Debrett’s ‘500 Most Influential People in Britain’ and is one the the UK’s leading educational reformers. Together Kelly and Ross discuss stepping up to Deputy Headship.
Challenging behaviour techniques that work!
- Teaching is about relationships! Do whatever you can outside of the classroom to find a way of discovering the cause of the child’s challenging behaviour.
Professional challenge – 3 Useful Ideas For Moving into Leadership
- Considerations for stepping up into Deputy Headship.
- Key challenges and solutions to get up to speed quickly.
- Core principles for leading.
- Observe others.
- KISS – Keep It Simple Stupid.
- MINT – Materials, In or out of seat, Noise level and Time.
Best Educational Resources
- 5 Minute Lesson Plan
- Teacher Toolkit: Helping You Survive Your First Five Years by Ross Morrison McGill