Episode 42: Chris Williams: A Fool-Proof Formula for Facilitating Independent Learning
Kelly Long chats with Chris Williams, who has been a teacher in primary and special school settings for over 20 years. He is committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children and has a background in supporting students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Speech, Language and Communication needs.
In 2012 Chris, alongside colleague David Andrews, developed methods which transform the learning process for all students, of all ages and abilities. These unique, high-impact whole school approaches have been embedded in hundreds of nursery schools, primary schools and secondary schools around the world.
Together, Chris and Kelly discuss these methods to facilitate independent learning.
Challenging behaviour techniques that work!
“Don’t give up on a child”
- Continuously strive to build on communication and relationship building.
Professional challenge – A Fool-Proof Formula for Facilitating Independent Learning
- How to demonstrate tangible learning for students.
- Developing classroom environments that foster accountability and ownership for learning.
- Facilitating feedback to learners with parent, guest markers and peer assessment.
- Learn to share and work in a team.
- Imagine yourself in the learner’s chair. Ask yourself, what environment would you like to be learning in?
Best Educational Resources
- Tiny Tap App