It takes a village to raise a child ~ African Proverb Click To Tweet
47: Tawna Schmidt: Building Parent-Teacher Relationships
Kelly Long chats with Tawna Schmidt about the difficult challenges surrounding how to build successful teacher-parent relationships. Together they discuss techniques for fostering stronger relationships with parents, how to develop classroom engagement guidelines and boundaries that lead to effective and supportive relationships for both the child and parent.
Challenging Behaviour Techniques that Work!
- Don’t create an audience for tackling poor behaviour, it will work against you!
Professional Challenge – Building Parent-Teacher Relationships
- Steps to pro-active parent-teacher relationships.
- Strategies that help create an environment for developing teacher-parent relationships.
- How to tackle challenging parents; understanding who should be managing the problem.
“Don’t blur your boundaries!”
- Put in place processes that allow you to give 100% to your work life as well as your personal life.
“Consistency is the key to everything in teaching!”
- Create rules that work for you and stick to them.
- Start implementing your classroom engagement rules from day one!
- Treat everyone the same and don’t create your own problems, know your own rules!
Best Educational Resources
The Android App – Teacher Kit