77: Season 3: Coaching and Mentoring Talent in Education Series: Joanne Miles: Coaching Models in Education – How to Develop Coaching Models that Scale
Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you admire! Click To Tweet
Episode Snapshot – Coaching Models in Education – How to Develop Coaching Models that Scale
Kelly Long chats with Joanne Miles a a trainer, consultant and coach. Joanne has spent over twenty years in teaching, training and professional development roles in education, mainly in the post-16 sector.
In this episode Kelly and Joanne discuss coaching models in education and how to develop coaching models that scale within your institutions.
Joanne guides us through:
- Strategy – what do you want your coaching model to achieve; school improvement or quick fixes?
- How to select the right coaching model for your institution.
- How to embed coaching within your institutional culture.
- How to make your coaching model scale to grow talent across your institution.
- How to use coaching models to improve performance.
- The benefits of group vs individual coaching models.
- Coaching mistakes to avoid
- Learning from others; how to use best practice coaching networks.
In the third interview of the Coaching and Mentoring Talent in Education Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and Joanne discuss Coaching Models in Education – How to Develop Coaching Models that Scale.
Resilience: A Practical Guide for Coaches
Coaching to Solutions: A Manager’s Tool Kit for Performance Delivery
Team Coaching with the Solution Circle: A Practical Guide to Solutions Focused Team Development (Solutions Focus at Work)
Resources and articles on coaching models in education.
Missed the Previous Episode?
Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.… Click To Tweet
76: Season 3: Coaching and Mentoring Talent in Education Series: Jackie Beere: Growth Mindset Coaching for Teachers
Episode Snapshot – Growth Mindset Coaching for Teachers
Kelly Long chats with Jackie Beere a leading educational trainer and consultant, a former Headteacher, School Improvement Partner, Advanced Skills Teacher, AST Assessor, life coach and NLP Master Practitioner. Jackie is also a successful author of many books including The Perfect Teacher and The Perfect (Ofsted) Lesson.
Jackie was awarded the OBE for services to education in 2002 and has continued to help schools improve ever since. In this episode Kelly and Jackie discuss growth mindset coaching for teachers, why it plays an important role in helping teachers to be successful and how it can be used to change and improve a school’s culture.
Jackie guides us through:
- Helping teachers to change and grow.
- How to use growth mind-set coaching models for teachers.
- How to ask the right questions to coach teachers.
- How to break through limiting beliefs.
In the second interview of the Coaching and Mentoring Talent in Education Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and Jackie discuss Growth Mindset Coaching for Teachers.
Grow: change your mindset, change your life.
A practical guide to thinking on purpose
The Private Life of the Brain
Full on Learning
Critique and feedback – the story of Austin’s butterfly – Ron Berger
75: Season 3: Coaching and Mentoring Talent in Education Series: Rebecca Eliahoo: Teacher Mentoring Programmes – How to create the best programme
Episode Snapshot – Teacher mentoring programmes – How to create the best programme
Kelly Long chats with Rebecca Eliahoo, Principal Lecturer (Lifelong Learning) at the University of Westminster. In the first episode of the Coaching and Mentoring Talent in Education Series, Kelly and Rebecca discuss how to create the best teacher mentoring programme.
Rebecca guides us through:
- Mentoring vs. coaching programmes.
- How to create high impact coaching and mentoring programmes.
- Why strong mentoring programmes require external partnerships.
- How to measure the impact of mentoring programmes upon teaching and learning.
- The benefits of participatory models of mentoring.
- The future of mentoring: virtual webinars.
In the first interview of the Coaching and Mentoring Talent in Education Series, Kelly and Rebecca discuss how to create the best teacher mentoring programme.
Dial M for Mentor
74: Season 3: Dr David George: Progressing Gifted and Talented Students
Episode Snapshot – Progressing Gifted and Talented Students
Kelly Long chats with Dr David George prolific advocate in raising the profile of gifted and talented education across the UK and around the world.
For David, ‘G&T’ is not about elitism or favouritism but about finding the talents and gifts that all children have and working to bring those special qualities out in a way that ensures everyone wins. After all, as he often likes to say, ‘A rising tide lifts all ships’.
As a world-renowned speaker, academic and the writer of many books on the subject, David has long been at the forefront of helping schools do the ‘G&T thing’ right – and do it well. He is Founder President of the National Association for Able Children in Education, a consultant to the British Council and UNESCO and an executive committee member of The World Council of Gifted and Talented Children.
David and Kelly discuss how to get students unbored and progress the provision of gifted and talented learners.
David guides us through:
- What is gifted and what is a talented child?
- Why schools need to develop a policy and provide a curriculum that extends gifted and talented children.
- Strategies for extending gifted and talented children.
- Differentiation for talented and gifted children.
In the third featured guest interview of Season 3 of the Inspiration 4 Teachers podcast, Kelly and David reveal how to progress gifted and talented learners
Young gifted and bored
73: Season 3: Jazz Rose: How to Engage Learners and Unlock Potential
Episode Snapshot – How to Engage Learners and Unlock Potential
Kelly Long chats with Jazz Rose, a specialist of excellence in creative education for primary schools at J & C Academy. Jazz and Kelly discuss how to engage learners and unlock potential.
Jazz guides us through:
- How to use layering for self-directed learner engagement.
- Frameworks for creating engaging lessons, including SAFE and the six Cs.
- Positive learning and behaviour language in the classroom.
- How to use the STEP principal for differentiated learner engagement.
In the second featured guest interview of Season 3 of the Inspiration 4 Teachers podcast, Kelly and Jazz reveal How to Engage Learners and Unlock Potential.
72: Season 3: Dr Geoffrey James: Solution-Focused Behaviour StrategiesWhen you focus on the problem, you’ll have more problems! When you focus on solutions, you’ll create positive… Click To Tweet
Episode Snapshot – Solution-Focused Behaviour Strategies
Kelly Long chats with Dr Geoffrey James, an expert in solution-focused therapy, a technique where a goal-directed collaborative approach is used to help facilitate change. On this episode, Geoffrey and Kelly will be discussing how you can use the technique in the classroom and within a school mentoring programme to help bring about change for those pupils who display challenging behaviour, or for those pupils where non-engagement is an issue.
Dr Geoffrey James guides us through:
- What is solution-focused behaviour strategy?
- How a solution-focused behaviourial approach can work in the classroom.
- Advice on shifting to a solution-focused mindset.
- Why focusing on the strengths of the student is important in bringing about a behavioural shift.
- How to encourage students to recognise that they are experts in their own lives, they are resourceful and are able to develop the solutions to overcome their problems.
In the first featured guest interview of Season 3 of the Inspiration 4 Teachers podcast, Kelly and Dr Geoffrey James reveal the benefits of introducing solution-focused behavior strategies in the classroom.
Transforming Behaviour in the Classroom
Missed SEASON 2
Season 2: Happiness and Wellbeing Series: Gill Kelly: The Benefits of Wellbeing in SchoolsTake care of yourself, take care of each other, take care of this place ~ Gill Kelly Click To Tweet
Episode Snapshot – The Benefits of Wellbeing in Schools
Kelly Long chats with Gill Kelly, a former headteacher and now a passionate advocate of school wellbeing. Gill has over a decade of experience in effective school leadership in a variety of different schools. Gill works nationally, sharing her experiences to support schools in embracing complexity and take to heart her mantra – ‘Take care of yourself, take care of each other, take care of this place’
In the fifth and final episode of the Happiness and Wellbeing series Gill guides us through whole school wellbeing.
Together Kelly and Gill dive into how schools can develop curriculum learning that places wellbeing being at the centre of what a child can achieve.
Gill guides us through:
- Advice for school leaders in cultivating positive wellbeing oriented schools
- 9 strategies to promote staff and student wellbeing
- Processes that encourage wellbeing and enhance learning
- Overcoming the complexities of teacher stress, burnout and the fear of being judged
In the fifth and final interview of the Inspiration 4 Teachers Happiness and Wellbeing series, Kelly and Gill reveal The Benefits of Wellbeing in Schools.
Season 2: Happiness and Wellbeing Series: Nina Jackson: Emotional and Mental WellbeingI'm doing okay, not great, not amazing, not horrible, just okay. And that is okay! Click To Tweet
Episode Snapshot – Emotional and Mental Wellbeing
Kelly Long chats with Nina Jackson, an Associate Director with Independent Thinking. Nina’s expertise is in special needs education and many years’ of experience in schools focusing on music, the Arts and teaching and learning in all its guises, Nina has a breath-taking grasp of what makes classrooms, children – and their teachers – tick.
In the fourth episode of the Happiness and Wellbeing series Nina outlines a range of strategies targeted at improving the emotional and mental health of staff and students in schools.
Together Kelly and Nina dive into how schools can support staff and students with their emotional and mental wellbeing.
Nina guides us through:
- Creating a whole school policy that fosters positive wellbeing
- Strategies for developing emotional resilience
- Practising good mental health
- How to create opportunities and workable programmes for people to talk and support each other
In the fourth interview of the Inspiration 4 Teachers Happiness and Wellbeing series, Kelly and Nina reveal how schools can help students and teachers to support Emotional and Mental Wellbeing.
The Little Book of Music for the Classroom (Independent Thinking Series) Using Music to Improve Memory, Motivation, Learning and Creativity
The UK’s leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
Increasing awareness and understanding of depression.
Season 2: Happiness and Wellbeing Series: Natasha Grey: Harness HappinessLive life as though everything is rigged in your favour ~ Rumi Click To Tweet
Episode Snapshot – Harness Happiness
Kelly Long chats with Natasha Grey, an expert in Child and Family Therapy. She is the co-author of the children’s book titled Everyday Superheroes and is the host of the Conscious Living Podcast. She focuses her time and energy on wellbeing and wholeness that includes mind, body and spirit.
In the third episode of the Happiness and Wellbeing series Natasha outlines how to use questions to harness and find happiness.
Together Kelly and Natasha dive into how to take control your life.
Natasha guides us through:
- How to use questions to find happiness
- Taking control of your life, and certainty
- Finding and empowering meaning in your life
- How to choose and create your happiness
- Setting yourself up to win
In the second interview of the Inspiration 4 Teachers Happiness and Wellbeing series, Kelly and Natasha reveal how to harness happiness.
Learn Tips & Tools On How To Live A Conscious Life
Experiments in the pursuit of happiness and good habits
Season 2: Happiness and Wellbeing Series: Stephanie Davies: Laughology can Improve Happiness and WellbeingI choose to be happy today! Click To Tweet
Episode Snapshot – Laughology can Improve Happiness and Wellbeing
Kelly Long chats with Stephanie Davies, one of the UK’s leading voices in the psychology of happiness, humour and laughter. In the past 15 years she has worked on innovative projects and events in the private and public sector. Stephanie’s creative and rounded approach to engagement, happiness at work, continued development and culture change drives success not only with the organisations she works with but at Laughology too.
In the second episode of the Happiness and Wellbeing series Stephanie outlines how laughter is a skill which can be used to improve happiness and wellbeing within schools.
Together Kelly and Stephanie dive into how Laughology can improve happiness and wellbeing.
Stephanie guides us through:
- The components to a happy life
- How to break negative thought patterns
- Techniques for re-framing how to interact with the world to improve wellbeing
- How laughology can improve a schools culture
In the second interview of the Inspiration 4 Teachers Happiness and Wellbeing series, Kelly and Stephanie reveal how Laughology can Improve Happiness and Wellbeing.
Season 2: Happiness and Wellbeing Series: Kathryn Bryant: The Power of MindfulnessIf you want to change your life, you first have to construct a new reality ~ Shawn Achor Click To Tweet
Episode Snapshot – The Power of Mindfulness
Kelly Long chats with Kathryn Bryant, the creator of the Brilliant Living Blueprint, founder of BrilliantLivingHQ.com, and one half of the Changeability podcast, which she hosts with husband Julian Illman at Changeability.me.
In this first episode of the Happiness and Wellbeing series Kathryn outlines the distinction between happiness and our level of wellbeing, what it looks like and how it should feel. Kathryn guides us through strategies and techniques so that we can easily implement them in our daily routines, to reduce our levels of stress and commence on a journey towards greater wellbeing and overall happiness.
Together Kelly and Kathryn dive into the power of Mindfulness to improve wellbeing and happiness.
- How to recognise toxic situations, people and environments
- How to manage negative triggers that impact on our level of wellbeing
- Quick and effective strategies for reducing stress
- Positive thinking and techniques to manage the mind
In the first interview of the Inspiration 4 Teachers Happiness and Wellbeing series, Kelly and Kathryn reveal The Power of Mindfulness.