Do what is in your power to help your students achieve! ~ Dawn Casey Rowe Click To Tweet
Episode 46: Dawn Casey Rowe: Essential Tips for Value Added Learning
Kelly Long chats with Dawn Case Rose about the excessive amount of testing in the education system and why we need to return to a classroom environment where authentic learning is purposeful and inspiring.
Challenging Behaviour Techniques that Work!
“Like your students!”
- Find out what makes your students tick and link the learning to their passions.
Professional Challenge – Essential Tips for Value Added Learning
- Testing, testing, testing vs. value added learning.
- Investing time into authentic learning.
- How to connect with students on a personal level.
- Recognising what student’s value and tailoring the learning to their passions.
“Use the Priest Filter!”
- Be a person of value, use the Priest Filter! If what you are doing doesn’t add value to somebody else, question why are you doing it?
“Nothing ever ships on time!”
- Be flexible with Teaching and Learning.
Best Educational Resources
Don’t Sniff the Glue by Dawn Casey Rowe
The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
The Lean Start Up by Eric Rise
Choose Yourself! by James Altucher