Episode 35: Rae Pica: Preparing the Mind & Body for learning
Click to Tweet
Kelly Long chats with Rae Pica, host of Studentcentricity and founder of BAM Radio Network. Rae is an education consultant, keynote speaker, and author specializing in the development and education of the whole child. Together Kelly and Rae discuss how connecting the Mind and Body is crucial for learning.
Challenging behaviour techniques that work!
- You need to create a rich learning environment that helps to develop movement, feeling and thinking.
Professional challenge – Here’s a method that prepares the Mind and Body for learning
- Promoting the mind and body connection for learning. Research reveals that students can only focus for 15-minute intervals, why do we therefore expect them to sit for long periods of time in class!
- Devoting precious class time to more engaging mind and body stimulation.
- What the ideal mind and body classroom should look like!
- Learn from those that inspire you! For Rae it’s Diane Ravage, Carla Hannaford and Nancy Carlsson-Paige
- To learn from those committed to fighting for what is right for developmentally appropriate practice.
- Persistence pays off!
Best Educational Resources
What if everyone understood child development by Rae Pica
#AskingWhatIf on Twitter
BAM Radio Network – Connecting the Voice of the Education Village