Episode 41: WomenED Series Part 4: Maria Alexander-O’Neill: How to Overcoming Judgement and Criticism
Share with your community:Get your inner cheerleader on & overcome the critics w/ @IamMariaAlex @WomenEd http://bit.ly/I4TEp41 Click To Tweet
Kelly Long chats with Maria Alexander-O’Neill, an educator of 14 years Maria has managed projects at a departmental, whole-school and regional level. She’s a lifelong learner and is studying for a Doctorate in Educational Leadership.
Challenging behaviour techniques that work!
“Be the adult”
- Don’t bring yourself down to the child’s level.
Professional challenge – How to Overcoming Judgement and Criticism
- Overcoming judgement and criticism in the workplace.
- Strategies for developing your confidence; turn your inner critic into your inner cheerleader!
- How to guard against the dream crushers.
- Don’t put yourself in a box or allow others to put you in one!
- Avoiding overwhelm by practising mindfulness, proactivity and time management.
Best Educational Resources
- The independent, “can you take it further”, thinking tool.