The most important principle for designing lively eLearning is to see eLearning design not as information… Click To Tweet
85: Season 4: The Teachpreneur Series: John Colley: Learn How to Create Profitable Online Courses
Episode Snapshot – Learn How to Create Profitable Online Courses
Kelly Long chats with John Colley, an Online Instructor, Marketer, Speaker, Podcaster and Blogger! As a Former British Army Officer and International Investment Banker John has over 30 years experience as an Advisor, Coach and Teacher.
In this episode Kelly and John discuss the business opportunities for teachers to create profitable online courses.
John guides us through:
- How to identify a profitable customer base for your online course.
- Strategies to get your course into a marketplace.
- Tactics to launch and promote your online course.
- How to position your course to students.
- Platform selection and distribute channels
- Key consideration for creating profitable online courses.
- How to design a marketing funnel to drive customer traffic to your online course.
- Profitable business ideas for evolving your course and customer offer.
In the sixth interview of the Teachpreneur Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and John discuss How to Create Profitable Online Courses.
Teach and Grow Rich: Share Your Knowledge to Create Global Impact, Freedom and Wealth
Missed the Previous Episode?
You have to have your heart in the business and the business in your heart. T.J. Watson Click To Tweet
84: Season 4: The Teachpreneur Series: David Pollard: How To Use Twitter To Build Your Business
Episode Snapshot – How To Use Twitter To Build Your Business
Kelly Long chats with David Pollard, a Further Education teacher working with adults with mild learning difficulties. David is Co-founder of Learning Tech Labs a community of Educators, L&D professionals, Entrepreneurs, Developers, Designers, and anyone interested in changing the face of learning. David’s goal is to enable teachers to make informed decisions with respect to the integration of interactive technologies in educational settings.
In this episode Kelly and David discuss how to use Twitter to build your enterprise community. Using the power of Twitter chats David reveals how he managed to engage an audience around the integration of technology in education.
David guides us through:
- How to use twitter chats to build a community.
- How to identify the focus of your twitter chat.
- How to manage the resources of hosting a weekly Twitter chat.
In the fifth interview of the Teachpreneur Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and David discuss How To Use Twitter To Build Your Business
How To Twitter For Business Success: Everything Business Owners Need To Know About Twitter Made Easy!
Learning Tech Labs is a community of Educators, L&D professionals, Entrepreneurs, Developers, Designers, and anyone interested in changing the face of learning
The Poem Mentioned in David’s episode
Suzy Toronto, The Sacred Sisterhood of Wonderful Wacky Women.
“Life is All About How you Handle Plan B
Plan A is always my first choice.
You know, the one where
Everything works out to be
But more often than not,
I find myself dealing with
The upside-down, inside-out version —
Where nothing goes as it should.
It’s at this point that the real
Test of my character comes in..
Do I sink, or do I swim?
Do I wallow in self pity and play the victim,
Or simply shift gears
And make the best of the situation?
The choice is all mine…
Life is all about how you handle Plan B.”
CASH is KING! Click To Tweet
83: Season 4: The Teachpreneur Series: Georgette Rowland Osborne: Learn How To Manage Business Finances
Episode Snapshot – Learn How To Manage Business Finances
Kelly Long chats with Georgette Rowland Osborne, Director of the Financial Gym and Precision Services Virtual Bookkeeping. Georgette creates products, services and resources to reduce financial stress and increase financial confidence for entrepreneurs.
She has been featured in and writes for a number of large publications. She also hosts the Firmer Figures Podcast Show. Her book – Firmer Figures – Fess Up or Mess Up is a guide to help entrepreneurs’ spot financial warning signs in their business.
In this episode Kelly and Georgette uncover the financial aspects of running and managing effectively small business finances. Together Kelly and Georgette discuss where to start, which financial tools to use.
Georgette guides us through:
- The financial aspects of running a successful small business enterprise.
- Why you need to start with yourself first before focusing in on your business’s finances.
- How to measure the success of your entrepreneurial journey.
- How to manage how you get paid.
- The strategies for setting up financial processes so that your business is cash rich.
- The FREE financial tools and software to help manage and run your businesses finances.
In the fourth interview of the Teachpreneur Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and Georgette discuss How To Manage Business Finances.
The $100 Startup: Fire Your Boss, Do What You Love and Work Better To Live More
Financial Business Resources:
Crowdfunding is creating a new public market which connects common people with investment opportunities that… Click To Tweet
82: Season 4: The Teachpreneur Series: Anthony Lovell de Souza: Learn How to Run a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
Episode Snapshot – Learn How to Run a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
Kelly Long chats with Anthony Lovell de Souza is a Crowdfunding advisor, campaign strategist, teacher, author and presenter.
In this episode Kelly and Anthony dive into the art of crowdfunding and how teachpreneurs can capitalise upon this online phenomenon to raise capital investment. Together Kelly and Anthony discuss how to use networks to cultivate a crowd, plan and launch a successful crowdfunding campaign.
Anthony guides us through:
- What is Crowdfunding?
- What are the principals of Crowdfunding?
- How to identify the right Crowdfunding platform for your enterprise initiative?
- Steps to developing a Crowdfunding strategy.
- How to overcome the barriers of not having a “crowd” before you commence your Crowdfunding initiatives.
In the third interview of the Teachpreneur Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and Anthony discuss How to Run a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign.
The Art of Asking: How I learned to stop worrying and let people help
What problem do you solve? ~ Gabby Wallace Click To Tweet
81: Season 4: The Teachpreneur Series: Gabby Wallace: How to make Passive Income as a Teacher – Find your niche
Episode Snapshot – How to make Passive Income as a Teacher – Find your niche
Kelly Long chats with Gabby Wallace a former English teacher turned teachpreneur. Gabby is a TEDx Speaker, YouTuber, digital entrepreneur and video marketer.
In this episode Kelly and Gabby dive into Gabby’s entrepreneurial journey from starting out as an English Teacher to now owning her own business, Go Natural English. Together Kelly and Gabby explore how to make passive income as a teacher and how to find a balance between teaching and getting your entrepreneurial dream up and running.
Gabby guides us through:
- How her teachpreneur journey started.
- How to strike a balance between teaching and your entrepreneurial aspirations.
- Finding leverage between what you do in the classroom and what you can input into your enterprise.
- How to adjust your mindset to one of an entrepreneurial nature.
- Finding and balancing revenue streams.
In the second interview of the Teachpreneur Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and Gabby discuss How to make Passive Income as a Teacher – Find your niche.
Smart Passive Income – Pat Flynn
Go Natural English – Gabby Wallace
Find the BIGGEST bang for the buck! ~ Gretchen (Schultek) Bridgers Click To Tweet
80: Season 4: The Teachpreneur Series: Gretchen (Schultek) Bridgers: How to become an entrepreneur – a teacher’s success story
Episode Snapshot – How to become an entrepreneur – a teacher’s success story
Kelly Long chats with Gretchen (Schultek) Bridgers a former teacher and podcast host of the Always A Lesson’s Empowering Educators Podcast. Gretchen is an experienced teacher coach. Gretchen’s passion is to provide support to future and beginning teachers to ensure they have all the strategies to manage a classroom, deliver rigorous content, and close the achievement gap. It’s a HUGE feat but she’s taking it head on through coaching new teachers and inspiring educators through her weekly Empowering Educators podcast.
In this episode Kelly and Gretchen discuss how to become an entrepreneur. Gretchen shares her personal journey from teacher to entrepreneur.
Gretchen guides us through:
- How to get started.
- Why research is important before you launch yourself into your new venture.
- Where to focus your time.
- Why organisation, structures and diligence will help you get to your final destination.
In the first interview of the Teachpreneur Series on the Inspiration 4 Teachers Podcast, Kelly and Gretchen discuss how to become an entrepreneur.
The Slight Edge