Epiosde 40: WomenED Series Part 3: Bennie Kara: Developing your confidence
Click to Tweet
Kelly Long chats with Bennie Kara an Assistant Headteacher in an inner London School, in charge of Teaching and Learning. Together Kelly and Bennie discuss how to develop your leadership confidence.
Challenging behaviour techniques that work!
“Plant your feet and exude confidence!” ~ Bennie Kara
- Use the partial agreement technique to disarm challenging behaviour.
Professional challenge – Strategies for Developing Your Confidence
- Developing your confidence.
- Strategies for developing your inner leadership voice.
- How to find your way up into leadership.
The Mindset of Success by Jo Owen:
- Show unwarranted optimism.
- See complexity as fun.
- Be a bottomless well of intellectual curiosity.
- Have a complete absence of paranoia and self-pity.
Be a reflective and actionable list maker.
Best Educational Resources
- Surviving and succeeding in difficult classrooms by Paul Blum
- Surviving your first year of teaching by Ross Morrison McGill