Episode 38: WomenED Series Part 1: Jules Daulby: Aspiring mature leaders
Click to tweet
Kelly Long chats with Jules Daulby, a co-facilitator of the WomenEd steering group, former SEN Specialist Advisory teacher, mother of four and life-long learner. Together Kelly and Jules discuss topics including how aspiring mature candidates can pursue roles in senior leadership.
Challenging behaviour techniques that work!
“Have unconditional positive regard for students!”
- The more challenging the behaviour, the more that child needs to be swamped with love and support – Relationships are key!
- Tell students that you like them!
- Invest time in getting to know individual students.
Professional challenge – The Leadership Survival Guide
- Overcoming the challenges and barriers that mature candidates face when aspiring into leadership.
- Balancing the role of mother vs. leader.
- Getting back in the game and finding your leadership trajectory!
- Teach a couple of outstanding lessons a week, a few good ones and some howlers. Rotate the classes and repeat. This is the best survival tactic for teachers!
- Focus on what is most important to the learner!
Best Educational Resources
- The staff around you, tap into their knowledge!
- WomenEd – Connecting existing and aspiring women leaders in education