Episode 39: WomenEd Series Part 2: Helena Marsh: Juggling leadership and life
Click to Tweet
Kelly Long chats with Helena Marsh, a co-facilitator of the WomenEd steering group and a Deputy Principal at a secondary school where she is responsible for teaching and learning, achievement and self-evaluation. Together Kelly and Helena discuss how to juggle leadership and life.
Challenging behaviour techniques that work!
- Develop a strong professional relationship with students.
- Set clear expectations.
- Be firm and show consistency to ensure that learning can happen.
Professional challenge – Ultimate Guide to Work-life Balance
- Overcoming the conflicts and challenges of family vs. career
- Sack the perfectionist.
- Apply the 80/20 rule of time management to identify what is most important to Teaching and Learning, your career and your family.
- Do things quick and dirty. Get things done!
- Don’t feel guilty and worry about what others think!
- Medium term planning. Don’t resource and teach hand to mouth.