Create a need for the learning in your classroom! ~ Kevin Hewiston Click To Tweet
Episode 45: Kevin Hewitson: Doing what is RIGHT for Teaching and Learning
Kelly Long chats with Kevin Hewitson, a former Assistant Headteacher known for applying his creative and problem solving skills to a vast array of initiatives linked to pastoral education, gifted and talented programs. Now an education adviser Kevin advocates for creativity in education.
Together, Kevin and Kelly discuss doing what is right for teaching and learning.
Challenging Behaviour Techniques that Work!
“Please Be Child Friendly – PBCF!”
- POWER – Giving the learner a voice.
- BELONGING – Get to know your students.
- CHOICE – Develop students’ responsibility.
- FUN – Making links with achievement in your lessons or within your learning relationships with students.
Professional Challenge – Doing What is Right for Teaching and Learning
- How to create an environment that fosters learning
- How to create a “need” for the learning in your classroom.
- How to ask the inclusive questions of your learners and not exclusive ones that will exclude learners from participating in the learning environment.
- Strategies for developing learning dialogues.
13 strategies to help teachers, here’s four of them:
- There is no point in struggling on your own!
- Work out what you want to know before you ask a question.
- Always be a lifelong learner!
- Always be approachable.
LQ Learning Intelligence is a powerful way of understanding how the learner can take control, adapt to and managing the learning environment in which they find themselves.